Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 278

These flowers are mocking me!  I planted them in the spring and with my fabulous gardening skills they died instantly.  All summer, through every bbq, brunch, or drinks on the deck someone commented that the planter would be a great place for flowers.  I should have kept the receipt from the gardening store, laminated it, and then put it on a stick in the planter.

This weekend, the first weekend in October, the flowers bloomed.  It is too late in the season to invite anyone over for any kind of anything on the deck.  Besides my dedicated readers, no one will ever see these flowers.

2 comments:

  1. maybe instead of laminating the receipt from the gardening store, laminate this pic to put in there next year? heheh
    chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be lured in by the pretty petunias at the garden center in April only to have them die in the heat of June. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete